Friday 18 January 2013

BBC Sound of 2013 List

One of my favourite things about the beginning of the year is when BBC announce their nominees for the Sound of 2013. It is a great way for me to find new artists that I might like. So I thought I'd give you a quick run down of the top 5 and the ones that I like the most.

The Winners - HAIM
HAIM are an all girl trio who are influenced by Fleetwood Mac and Kate Bush.

Second Place - AlunaGeorge
This duo are the winners for me personally. I absolutely love their catchy electronic songs and cannot wait for their debut album coming out this June. If you want to read some more about them then be sure to check out our previous post: Crazy Faze - AlunaGeorge

Third - Angel Haze
I have only recently started listening to Angel Haze after I first heard of her from TheRedPages Hot 100 of 2013. I think its hard to come by female rappers who can really pull it off and that she certainly does. She released a diss at Azealia Banks titled "On The Edge".


Fourth - Laura Mvula
Laura Mvula brings something a bit different to the Pop/Soul scene. I especially like her track 'Green Garden'.

Fifth - CHVRCHES
Electro-Pop group with MGMT sounding synths. Its a bit chirpy for me and I think they sound like Robyn (which I don't think is a good thing) but decide for yourself here:

Alex x

No comments:

Post a Comment