Thursday 4 October 2012

When In London, dine as the Londoner does...

To pay homage to a fellow blogger, even though her blog is miles more sophisticated than Alex and myself's blog, the Londoner writes some fabulous posts.

I found myself down in London for a couple of days last week, so looked to the Londoner's blog for advice and inspiration on where to eat.

I saw that she had recommended a place near Liverpool Street called The Drift. They do yummy Sunday dinner for a fairly reasonable price...

The decor is really quirky and earthly, the cocktails are to die for and the roast was up to scratch too!

For dessert I opted for the trio of puddings which consisted of a white chocolate creme brulee with rasberries, a knickerbokerglory and brownies and cream. Also as a sunday treat I had a Virgin Mojito which was Raspberry... delicious!

trio of deserts, YUM
Rasberry Mojito

To follow on from this success, I decided her advice was in fact spot on so the next morning, once my stomach had settled down, we headed for breakfast at The Breakfast Club in Soho. You can buy anything from pancakes and streaky bacon to a full monty breakfast there. It really is the ultimate breakfast place and the smoothie was refreshing too.
Here is a photo of the bar area, it had such a cool vibe with pretty lights and wooden tables...
Embedded image permalink
The Breakfast Bar

I am definitely not taking credit for these finds but simply paying thanks to a fellow blogger... if any of you find yourself in London and fancy going somewhere to eat. I definitely recommend both these.

Enjoy xo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment